Subject: RE: [emix] What about Price Look-ahead.

Toby et al.:

If EMIX takes-on the look-ahead that I would argue is definitely needed for appliances to make more than simple, snap decisions about their energy use, then it is imperative that we figure-out a way to prevent gaming of the system by the “market makers” that will institute wholesale trading on the EMIX model.

That is to say, if this were compared to the stock-market model of electronic trading, “look-ahead” would be akin to soothsaying market trends and those with the quickest and most-connected systems could profit off the highs and lows to the detriment of the market as a whole.

Thoughts; both on my gaming theory as well as how to prevent problems with look-ahead?

Cheers,

- Jeremy

Jeremy J. Roberts

Technical Director