Subject: RE: [emix] Not To Exceed

Toby,

But this largely a self regulating promise.  If the cell phone companies were doing this - if you stay inside the plan - you are home free - but otherwise they surcharge you for overages at 10x the plan rate!

I'm not sure I want to perpetuate that ugly model and world.

It's OK if its purely for predicting future load patterns.

I much prefer the reverse plan - which is you get credit back for using less!

DW

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [emix] Not To Exceed
From: "Toby Considine" <Toby.Considine@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, March 11, 2010 11:42 am
To: <energyinterop@lists.oasis-open.org>, <emix@lists.oasis-open.org>

DR – and Verification, and Verification is the conundrum. Verification is the problem because DR are is a promise to reduce load by a certain amount from an uncertain beginning end point to an unknown end point.

What about an agreement that “I will use no more than xxx” as a DR offering. It becomes entirely results oriented (good for a service). It would be more valuable if it warranted “no spikes” rather than merely total use for a [15 minute] period. It certainly would be callable.

Do we adopt this? If so,  does it look like

[emix – this is for max use]

Or does it look like

[Eitc: I will commit not to exceed
    [emix]
]

In other words, is max an EITC or EMIX thing…

tc

"Energy and persistence conquer all things." -- Benjamin Franklin

Toby Considine
TC9, Inc
OASIS Technical Advisory Board
TC Chair: oBIX & WS-Calendar