Subject: RE: [emix] Groups - microgrid_summary.pdf uploaded

To your points, my comments:

1. architecture

   (some propose decentralized peer-to-peer coordination, others expect centralized hierarchical control)

I don’t think this matters to EMIX (or IMO to microgrid). What you do inside your virtual end node (or whatever we are going to call it) is up to you. EMIX is about getting you the price signal. Or does the required signal somehow need to be different depending on your control paradigm? I don’t see that.

2. two-way or one-way power flow

   (some proposed a single direction of power flow,others proposed the microgrid for ancillary services)

EMIX assumes 2-way is possible, whether you use it or not.

3. size

   (some propose a microgrid should be less than 1MW, others have no restrictions on generation capacity)

This is semantics about the term “microgrid”, nothing to do with EMIX, unless we specifically use the term within the standard. I guess we should not in any formal way.

4. connection points

   (some proposed only a single connection point, others assumed more of a decentralized integration/connectivity)

Do you mean electrical connection or communication connection?

David