Subject: Quality Product

Where does quality fit in Emix?

For sake of conversation

Restrict Emix to simple Load

Leave out the performance classes for a moment

Don’t worry about DR.

Now we have a simple purchase of 1 KWh of 120 volt 3 phase 60 Hz A/C for one hour.

-          I can offer it

-          I can buy it

-          I can get it

-          My meter can record it

If the voltage sags for five minutes in the middle has it been delivered or not? How about 45 minutes?

If it is out of phase has it been delivered or not? How much has it been out of phase?

Is a closure event failure to deliver?

The answer is of course “It Depends”

Or the long form, “It Depends on what’s in the contract”

But how do we specify the quality for the contract…

tc

"If something is not worth doing, it`s not worth doing well"
Peter Drucker

Toby Considine

Chair, OASIS oBIX Technical Committee
Co-Chair, OASIS Technical Advisory Board
Facilities Technology Office
University of North Carolina
Chapel Hill, NC

Email: Toby.Considine@ unc.edu