Subject: RE: [emix] Ramp intervals

“Because this is part of the registration process, having an instruction within EMIX might be both redundant and confusing.”

IF the registration process exists as offering a product to market, then it should be part of the product definition – hence it should be in emix.

Say I’m an office building. I can accept a DR request during which I will ramp down by X. By 3:00 (the scheduled DR time) I am at the run rate. At the end of a DR event, I will ramp up, up even higher than the status quo ante until I catch up on [cooling]. This is the three-pat offer that could be advertised by a building offering DR to an open market.

I don’t thing we want to need an off-line registration process for that.

tc

"If something is not worth doing, it`s not worth doing well" - Peter Drucker

Toby Considine
TC9, Inc

TC Chair: oBIX & WS-Calendar

TC Editor: EMIX, EnergyInterop

U.S. National Inst. of Standards and Tech. Smart Grid Architecture Committee

Email: Toby.Considine@gmail.com
Phone: (919)619-2104

http://www.tcnine.com/
blog: www.NewDaedalus.com