Subject: RE: [emix] Ramp intervals

Would we be concerned in this group for transactions associated with
non-economic bids, i.e., emergency calls?

Phil

-----Original Message-----
From: Crimmins, Sean [mailto:SCrimmins@caiso.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2010 7:39 AM
To: Toby.Considine@gmail.com; 'Edward G. Cazalet'; emix@lists.oasis-open.org

The ramp rate curve is a characteristic of the unit that determines whether
it will be selected and what the five minute dispatches will look like once
the unit is online (e.g when ramping from 100 MW to 200 MW).  It is not
strictly part of the three part bid which is purely economic; $/MW, Startup
cost and Minimum load cost.  While the nominal ramp rate curve is determined
by physical unit characteristics it is possible to submit reduced ramp rate
curves that are lower than the units capablity to reduce wear and tear or
other "economic" reasons.