Subject: RE: [emix] Late Breaking Changes

“With respect to inheritance I do not think it should be for only price and quantity.  Rather, he designer of a product should be able  to make any attribute of a product such as price, strike price, option premium, quantity, loss factor,  max generator capacity etc. either be a constant over the scheduled sequence or partitions.”

Exactly right. The generalizable property of inheritance combined with local over-ride is precisely what we want out of combining ws-calendar and the Product framework. Product framework may be no more than a concept, but anything that fits in the framework, accepts the inheritance rules.

tc

"It is the theory that decides what can be observed."   - Albert Einstein

Toby Considine

Chair, OASIS oBIX Technical Committee
U.S. National Inst. of Standards and Tech. Smart Grid Architecture Committee

Facilities Technology Office
University of North Carolina
Chapel Hill, NC

Email: Toby.Considine@ unc.edu