Subject: Product Specifications

I am slogging through the XSDs. A copy of the CIM in one hand, and ED Cazalet jogging my elbow on the other. I am encapsulating the inherited components from WS-Calendar into abstract product types, which are then extended within each product class. This provides a simplified schema that is more predictable and extensible.

One of my component extensions is the ATTACH object from WS-Calendar. The ATTACH component specifies the actual interval payload in each Gluon and Interval of a sequence. While I was writing, the following bubbled up and I didn’t want to lose it. The Product Specification is the ATTACH extension…

“Product Specification extends the ATTACH component of Gluons and Intervals to include the Product. Matching, perhaps partial, Products from Gluon and Interval are combined to make the complete product specification as it varies over time. A gluon is associated with all intervals in a sequence through a parent relation to a single interval. The shared Product determines the inheritance for the entire EMIX sequence.

tc

“It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it” -- Upton Sinclair.

Toby Considine
TC9, Inc

OASIS Technical Advisory Board
TC Chair: oBIX & WS-Calendar

TC Editor: EMIX, EnergyInterop

U.S. National Inst. of Standards and Tech. Smart Grid Architecture Committee

Email: Toby.Considine@gmail.com
Phone: (919)619-2104

http://www.tcnine.com/
blog: www.NewDaedalus.com