Subject: So what does an offer (as opposed to a contract) for a resource look like?

A contract may say I warrant that in 15 minutes I will go from load A to load B and sustain for two hours.

An offer may say that at my current load W, I can move to a load of up to (down to) Y at a rate of at x KW / minute. I can sustain that level for up to 6 hours, but I need a minimum of j$ to bother at all.

To go beyond Y, I can move to a load of up to (down to) Z at a rate of at x KW / minute. I can sustain that level for up to 3 hours, but I need a minimum of k$ to bother at all.

This gives the buyer the option of buying any load between W and Z.

Information structures we have already developed enable precise specification of what the buyer actually contracts. We can do this while making no essential distinctions between generation capacity and DR capacity.

What do folks think the offer/advertisement looks like, with conditionals, with the hints. Ideally, a resource could change its mind, bring other assets to bear, change, and advertise / register that at any time. (Not implying the regulatory hurdles in place, just discussion the informational capabilities).

Perhaps we need some examples to walk through…

tc

“It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it” -- Upton Sinclair.

Toby Considine
TC9, Inc

OASIS Technical Advisory Board
TC Chair: oBIX & WS-Calendar

TC Editor: EMIX, EnergyInterop

U.S. National Inst. of Standards and Tech. Smart Grid Architecture Committee

Email: Toby.Considine@gmail.com
Phone: (919)619-2104

http://www.tcnine.com/
blog: www.NewDaedalus.com