Subject: RE: [emix] Pulling the power together

From CIM

ElectricalProperties:

Used to define either the required electrical properties of a type of asset or the actual electrical properties of an asset model.  An ElectricalTypeAsset or ElectricalAssetModel may have multiple ElectricalProperties associated with it, with the ElecTAElecPropRole/ElecAMElecPropRole defining which roles in the Asset these properties refer to. e.g. a Transformer TypeAsset or AssetModel will have an ElectricalProperties association for each winding.

This can also be used to define ElectricalProperties for each phase individually by using the phases attribute thus allowing an ElectricalTypeAsset or ElectricalAssetModel to have an individual entry for each phase.

Not every property will be required for each typeof ElectricalTypeAsset. e.g. a Transformer may only have requirments for ratedKV, ratedMVA and phases, while a LinearConductor will have r,x,b and g requirements per unitLength on top of a ratedAmps and ratedKV.

Apparent Power: Product of the RMS value of the voltage and the RMS value of the current (MegaVoltAmperes)

Reactive Power: Product of RMS value of the voltage and the RMS value of the quadrature component of the current (Megavoltamperes Reactive)

VoltagePerReactivePower: Voltage variation with reactive power

BasePower: The BasePower class defines the base power and base voltages that are used in the per unit calculations.

PowerFactor: Ratio of ActivePower to ApparentPower

"If something is not worth doing, it`s not worth doing well" - Peter Drucker

Toby Considine
TC9, Inc

TC Chair: oBIX & WS-Calendar

TC Editor: EMIX, EnergyInterop

U.S. National Inst. of Standards and Tech. Smart Grid Architecture Committee

Email: Toby.Considine@gmail.com
Phone: (919)619-2104

http://www.tcnine.com/
blog: www.NewDaedalus.com