Subject: some jira issues not displaying

I filed several Jira issues earlier in the week and a couple of days
later, looking for them, found they didn't show up in the interface
under any of the expected links (New, All, etc).  I hadn't filed them
under any specific component, so I went back in and updated them to the
'spec' component.  After that they did show up in the 'All' and 'New'
list.  Has anyone seem similar behaviour?  I wouldn't have expected
you'd need to file an issue under a specific component to have it appear
in the lists (although perhaps that was not the actual trigger).

-Anne