Subject: PLEASE review ONLY emix-1-0-spec-wd22.pdf, not the word docs

All --

As we finish up our detailed review of wd22, for consistency in our TC review, please review ONLY the PDF, emix-1-0-spec-wd22.pdf .

We are required to archive the editable form (.doc/.docx) and if it makes sense we also include a Word version showing changes. Use those files if and only if you  are editing the document, not as a reading format (the only exception is if you use them as a guide to locate the text in the PDF)

For example, Jira issue EMIX-348 is against the wd22-with-changes.doc; the problem does not appear in either the PDF or the wd22.doc files. I believe that this is due to the table of contents and tags not having been updated in the -with-changes version.

But nonetheless:

If you use anything other than the PDF the line numbers and formatting will be off, increasing confusion and adding work as we process the issues.

Remember that Word assigns line numbers as it paginates the file; the pagination depends on the printer you have configured on your system, so pointing to line xyz in a word doc is ambiguous.

Thanks!

bill
--
William Cox