Subject: Created: (TCADMIN-477) 15-day Committee Specification Draft Review Request for Energy Market Information Exchange (EMIX) Version 1.0

We have received your request for "15-day Committee Specification Draft Review Request for Energy Market Information Exchange (EMIX) Version 1.0" It has been created as ticket TCADMIN-477 in the OASIS Technical Committee Administration issues database. We will return to you shortly with an update on the status of your request. You can follow the progress of your request at: http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/TCADMIN-477  Please let us know if you have any questions.

The following request has been submitted to the OASIS TC Administrator on 17/04/2011:

Submitter's Name
  William Cox
TC Name
  OASIS Energy Market Information Exchange TC
TC Email Address
  [1]emix@lists.oasis-open.org
Work Product Title
  Energy Market Information Exchange (EMIX) Version 1.0
Committee Specification Draft ##
  CSD02
CSD URI
  [2] http://docs.oasis-open.org/emix/emix/v1.0/csprd02/emix-v1.0-csprd02.html
Additional Resources
  [3] http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/EMIX
Approval Link
  [4] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/41845/EMIX_20110414_Minutes.doc
Previous Public Review Announcement
  [5] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tc-announce/201011/msg00008.html
Abstract
  The Specification defines an information model and XML vocabulary to exchange prices and product definitions for transactive energy markets including but not limited to

> • Price information
>
> • Bid information
>
> • Time for use or availability
>
> • Units and quantity
>
> • Characteristics of what is traded
>
> The definition of a price and of other market information exchanged depends on the market context in which it exists.
>
> While the data models and XML vocabularies of this Specification directly address issues in power markets and the Smart Grid, they are defined so as to support requirements for other energy markets and for any commodity whose value changes with the time of delivery. This Specification does not define market rules, nor how prices are determined, nor mechanisms for interoperation.

TC Description
  The EMIX Technical Committee has addressed requirements consolidated by NAESB and the Smart Grid Interoperability Panel's Priority Action Plan 03 Working Group.

> Direct participants include Southern California Edison, the ISO-RTO Council, California, Midwest, New York ISOs, members of the UCAIug OpenADR Task Force, the OpenADR Alliance, and experts in cross-domain integration and information modeling.
>
> This work is closely related to OASIS WS-Calendar 1.0 and OASIS Energy Interoperation 1.0. The cross-TC coordination is being done by starting Public Review 2 for WS-Calendar, and now this Public Review 2 for EMIX. An overlapping Public Review 2 for Energy Interoperation is planned in the near future, so all three specifications can be reviewed together.
Notification List
  Separate spreadsheet will go to Chet after posting this form.
Notes
  Note 1: CSD has been voted, and a Jira workflow entry posted. The actual URI will be determined by the TC Administrator

[1] mailto:emix@lists.oasis-open.org
[2] http://docs.oasis-open.org/emix/emix/v1.0/csprd02/emix-v1.0-csprd02.html
[3] http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/EMIX
[4] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/41845/EMIX_20110414_Minutes.doc