Subject: Fast Track - matter for vote on Thursday

Early warning:

During the creation of the samples, I found several *errors* in the schemas (or things that make it extremely difficult to use). I documented them in my contribution over the weekend. Fixing these errors  will allow the samples I made to validate fully.

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/emix/download.php/41925/EMX%20PR02%20Samples.zip

There is one other issue, which I would like to solve. In EMIX-Requirements, we have the structure (in cartoon form)

<constraints>

   <constraints>

   <marketRequirements>

<constraints>

This makes working with schema derived object much more difficult. I propose that we change this, before Public Review to

<constraints>

   <productConstraints>

   <marketRequirements>

<constraints>

This change can be made without changing the normative narrative of voted-on and unanimously approved specification in any way. Aside from the constraints, these changes are technical errors only.

As the net TC Administrator is working to reduce his queue, I currently anticipate he will process EMIX next week. At the meeting, I will make the motion that

“The TC approve the corrected schemas, and direct the TC Administrator issue the Public Review using the corrected schemas” This is contingent upon the TC Admin accepting these changes without any change in the publishing schedule.

Last weekend, I was completely focused on the examples, and only the examples. It is certainly possible that I made the same error in a non-zero number of other locations. If so, I will fix them and document same, and I will submit the revised package to the TC by this evening.

tc

“The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.”
– George Bernard Shaw.

Toby Considine
TC9, Inc

TC Chair: oBIX & WS-Calendar

TC Editor: EMIX, EnergyInterop

U.S. National Inst. of Standards and Tech. Smart Grid Architecture Committee

Email: Toby.Considine@gmail.com
Phone: (919)619-2104

http://www.tcnine.com/
blog: www.NewDaedalus.com