Subject: reference and use of GML artifacts [Re: http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/EMIX-477]

My concern on our use of gml might be cleared up if I could get an
answer to this one hopefully straight-forward question:

What will happen if a user tries to create an XML instance of either
EMIX 'serviceArea' or 'serviceLocation',
which both refer to gml:AbstractFeature?

Thanks,
Anne

-----------------

Background info:

EMIX references only one GML artifact: 'gml:AbstractFeature' in two
locations:

- emix.xsd when defining 'serviceArea'
- power.xsd when defining 'serviceLocation'

gml:AbstractFeature is defined in
http://schemas.opengis.net/gml/3.2.1/feature.xsd.

EMIX namespace table 1-1 has the GML namespace:
http://www.opengis.net/gml/3.2.
This redirects to http://schemas.opengis.net/gml/3.2.1/gml.xsd which
'includes' 7 other GML schema.

It does not include 'feature.xsd', where AbstractFeature is defined.

With no indication of where to find 'AbstractFeature'
(since the gml url in the EMIX schema doesn't exist either as per Jira 477),
what will happen if a user tries to use either 'serviceArea' or
'serviceLocation'?