Subject: Urgent fix for PR Artifacts for EMIX

The recently published schemas for EMIX are invalid. They were valid as submitted. They can be made valid again by adjusting the location for inclusion if the reference WS-Calendar specs to the actual location.

This was requested in the initial submittal, as authorized by the TC in a unanimous vote, and as allowed by the TC process under rule 219. For the convenience of the TCADMIN group, I made this change myself, notified the TC, and notified TCADMIN on 6/28.

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/emix/download.php/42673/EMIX_20110623_Minutes.pdf

Whether TCADMIN wishes to use my edits or make its own, the current artifacts are facially invalid. This should be corrected, as per OASIS procedures, before the PR announcement goes out.

I have included a link to the minutes, and the relevant excerpt below as a convenience.

tc

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/emix/download.php/42673/EMIX_20110623_Minutes.pdf

I move to issue OASIS Energy Market Information Exchange 1.0 Working Draft 35 and its

associated XML artifacts packaged together in the EMIX archive at

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/42662/emix-1-0-wd35.zip

as EMIX Committee Specification Draft 03 and direct the Chair to request that the TC

Administrator process Working Draft 35 and its associated XML artifacts and further direct the

Chair to perform any actions required by the TC Administrator, including but not limited to updating

namespace document requests and submission forms, to accomplish that issuance as soon as

practicable.

Jerry G: Second

Bill C: Discussion or Objections?

Toby C:

The uploaded package currently contains WS-Calendar PRD03 schemas because they are not yet

accessible at the WS-Calendar public URI, but will be soon. I propose we request the TC

Administrator to have those removed from our package and replaced with the public URIs when the

WS-Calendar schemas are posted rather than enclose a copy of another TC's work.

Bill C: This can be done as an annotation to the motion.

Roll call vote on Motion 3:

Bruce Bartell Y

Edward Cazalet Y

Toby Considine Y

Bill Cox Y

Phil Davis Y

Gerald Gray Y

Anne Hendry Y

David Holmberg Y

Joshua Phillips Y

Jeremy Roberts Y

Voting results: Yes: 10, No: 0, Abstain: 0.

Motion passes unanimously.

Annotation: Chairs will request that TC Administrator insert the correct Public URIs for WSCalendar

as they process wd35 specification and schemas for publication as CSD03; if possible

eliminate the included WS-Calendar schemas.

“The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.”
– George Bernard Shaw.

Toby Considine
TC9, Inc

TC Chair: oBIX & WS-Calendar

TC Editor: EMIX, EnergyInterop

U.S. National Inst. of Standards and Tech. Smart Grid Architecture Committee

Email: Toby.Considine@gmail.com
Phone: (919)619-2104

http://www.tcnine.com/
blog: www.NewDaedalus.com