Subject: RE: [emix] Groups - Mapping eiQuote for block power to SE2 Price message (PriceMsgMapping 20110804.xls) uploaded

Some more general comments:

The red indicates something that is in SE2 Price that does not have a home in the EiQuote that I can find. It could be I am wrong (it happens). If it is something that is not part of price or product, it may have to be an extension in eiQuote, and not in EMIX.

Re: Use of “Resource” in SE2. They are using resource in the Resource Oriented Architecture sense. It is not the DR or EMIX Resource.

The links are in as a reference. SE2 is using links in a similar fashion to EMIX or WSCal attachments, except they are explicit to a specific part of the schema.

Re: BillingPeriodInterval. See, you do remember the conversation on this last May or June. The thing that I said was not needed was a current meter reading. BillingPeriod.interval is defined as “The time interval for this billing period.” With a datatype of datetimeinterval which is a start datetime and end datetime.

Bruce Bartell

Xtensible Solutions

Mobile: +1.321.258.6500

bbartell@xtensible.net  |   www.xtensible.net

-----Original Message-----
From: Toby Considine [mailto:tobyconsidine@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Toby Considine
Sent: Thursday, August 04, 2011 5:52 PM
To: Bartell, Bruce; emix@lists.oasis-open.org

Thanks, Bruce. Very useful.

On some of the red elements:

MRID is an acceptable member of EMIX Interface as extended in the Power schema.

Name and Description appear to be application specific elements

Href, replyTo, responseRequired, signatureRequired, subscribable appear to be part of the facts associated with a resource during registration and enrollment (part of EI).

ActiveTimeTariffIntervalListLink - Can you tell me what " Contains the object instances from the list where the current time is within the interval of the object" means? We have an artifact / message creation time, which can be used to compute this if it is what I think it is

AccumulationBehaviour - do we need all of these elements in the measurement section of EI? If a subset, which ones do we need.

Data Qualifier -  do we need all of these elements in the measurement section of EI? If a subset, which ones do we need.

ReadingType timeAttribute - see EI

tou   "TOUType" 0 = NotApplicable 1 = TOU A 2 = TOU B 3 = TOU C 4 = TOU D 5 = TOU E 6 = TOU F 7 = TOU G 8 = TOU H 9 = TOU I 10 = TOU J 11 = TOU K 12 = TOU L 13 = TOU M 14 = TOU N 15 = TOU O"

>> what does this mean?

BillingPeriod.Interval: I thought you indicated in June that we did not need this.

Thanks

tc

I would note that several of the transactive elements would be in the VEN-VTN services rather than in EMIX itself.

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster, and if you stare long into an abyss, the abyss also stares into you."   - Fredrich Nietzche

Toby Considine

TC9, Inc

TC Chair: oBIX & WS-Calendar

TC Editor: EMIX, EnergyInterop

U.S. National Inst. of Standards and Tech. Smart Grid Architecture Committee

Email: Toby.Considine@gmail.com

Phone: (919)619-2104

http://www.tcnine.com/

blog: www.NewDaedalus.com