Subject: Re: [emix] Notes and possible work items addressing IRC issues

David --

On the surface, yes, but I think no.

#8 was the "further detail" on #4. It's a lower priority because (a) it's a lot of work and (b) a skilled practitioner would be able to do the limited part they need quickly themselves.

So I'd reduce #8's priority even further; why write a book for people who could write the same book? The relationships and similarities should be exposed in #4.

And as we saw in the block & tier Note, trying to map into something that is not clearly expressed or that one doesn't understand is a fruitless task--by moving to the definitions of what needs to be accomplished, the Note, I think, is very successful. But a pure mapping to a moving (as in SEP2) or not clearly communicated target is more of a career than a paper.

I personally thing that with respect to the IRC  the self-contained #1 is more useful. The largely self-contained nature of true requirements makes that more straightforward, and much more clear on the "what you asked for" aspect.

Thanks!

bill
--
William Cox