Subject: Re: [energyinterop] EMIX Approved for Catalog of Standards

Congratulations to you all. That's a nice way to start off the new year!

Best,

/chet

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 11:05 AM, William Cox <wtcox@coxsoftwarearchitects.com> wrote:
All --

EMIX has been added to the SGIP Catalog of Standards.

See item below.
Three Standards will be added to the Catalog of Standards
  1. IEEE Std 1815-2010 (PAP-12 Work)
  2. OASIS Energy Market Information eXchange (EMIX) (PAP-03 Work)
  3. SGIP 2011-0008-1 (PAP-18 Work)

bill

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [SGIP-ALL] SGIP News: Letter from the Chair, Vote Results and Runoff Vote Announcement
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 16:41:00 -0500
From: Jeny Dowlin <jeny@ENERNEX.COM>
To: SGIP-ALL@SMARTGRIDLISTSERV.ORG

                  cid:image001.png@01CCBE68.79B51AD0

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Welcome to 2012, SGIP Colleagues!

While 2011 was a tough year for many, I hope each of you were able to enjoy an end-of-the-year break and are now reinvigorated to tackle new challenges.  At the close of 2011, Governing Board Chair John McDonald reported on the great strides made by the SGIP toward our objectives of advancing Smart Grid interoperability.  As we enter the New Year, it’s time to shake off the confetti and haze from the bubbly to recommit ourselves to the urgent work before us.  A new Governing Board is about to hold its first meeting and nominations are open for Plenary Vice Chair and Secretary, as

                            cid:image002.jpg@01CCC61A.EBA8CF60

well as sitting members of the Architecture, Testing & Certification, and the new Implementation Methods standing committees.  Your participation in the nominations and voting process is critical to assembling the best leaders and maintaining the vitality of this unique organization.

Here’s to our success in continuing to make real progress in the coming year.

Steve Widergren, SGIP Plenary Chair

                        cid:image004.png@01CCCAEC.02E66D10

Governing Board Election Continues: Runoff #2 Opens Today

In December a runoff vote occurred in two Stakeholder Categories, 3: Consumers – Residential, Commercial, and Industrial and 9: Independent Power Producers. These runoffs ended in a stalemate.

Now, thanks to recently approved ByLaw changes, we have a new process for a second runoff. Section 2.2.2.1.5, Part g states, In the event of a second tie vote, another ballot involving only the tied candidates will be held in a timely fashion, in which all eligible SGIP voting members (regardless of their stakeholder category) may cast a vote.”

Therefore, if you are a Voting Representative in "Good Standing" (review current status here), regardless of your category, we need your vote in these elections. Voting closes on Jan. 11th.

                                cid:image003.png@01CCC61A.EBA8CF60

To cast your ballot: http://collaborate.nist.gov/twiki-sggrid/bin/view/SGIPAdministrator/SGIPGBVoteRunoff20120104

Category 3: Consumers – Residential, Commercial,
and Industrial
Candidates

·         Mike Coop, ThinkSmartGrid

·         Larry Kotewa, CNT Energy

·         Chris Kotting, Kottage Industries LLC

Category 9: Independent Power Producers Candidates

·         Dr. William Lawrence, Lockheed Martin

·         Kenneth Van Meter, Booz Allen Hamilton

Again, voting closes on Jan. 11th. Details about each candidate are posted here.

Three More Added to Catalog of Standards and ByLaw Updates Pass

Voting Representatives approved all items on the December ballot pertaining to the ByLaws and Catalog of Standards.

Three Standards will be added to the Catalog of Standards

  1. IEEE Std 1815-2010 (PAP-12 Work)
  2. OASIS Energy Market Information eXchange (EMIX) (PAP-03 Work)
  3. SGIP 2011-0008-1 (PAP-18 Work)

You can view the entire catalog on the TWiki: http://collaborate.nist.gov/twiki-sggrid/bin/view/SmartGrid/SGIPCoSStandardsInformationLibrary.

Forty revisions to the ByLaws, many editorial in nature (e.g. removing "at," deleting "simple," etc.) were also approved. The updated Charter & ByLaws will be posted to the TWiki on Friday.

Plenary Officer and Committee Calls for Candidates

The SGIP Administrator is now accepting nominations for the following SGIP Leadership positions

Nominations for the standing committee members will be passed along to the Nominations Committees for review against the stated criteria for each group and development of the committee slates. Nominations will be accepted until Jan. 23, 2012. Voting will occur in early February 2012. Further details are posted to the TWiki.

GridWeek Asia

GridWeek Asia is this month, January 16th to 18th in Mumbai India. India has been identified as one of the key international collaboration targets by the International Taskforce, and while the SGIP won't have a formal presence at this year's GridWeek Asia, we encourage our membership to participate insomuch as time and resources permit. If you will be attending GridWeek Asia and wish to coordinate with SGIP leadership, please contact Plenary Secretary Dave Mollerstuen, dmollerstuen@tendrilinc.com.