Subject: Fwd: Re: [emix] Ballot to approve OASIS Energy Market Information Exchange 1.0 CSPRD05 as a Committee Specification has opened

Resending as I'm not sure everyone saw this - it's not in the web archive.

Thanks!

bill

-------- Original Message --------
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2012 22:48:15 -0500
From: William Cox <wtcox@comcast.net>
To: emix@lists.oasis-open.org

All --

We can meet informally at the usual time on Thursday if anyone is
interested -- I'll be on the chat, and will start the conference call at
the usual time.

This is a bit confusing, as we're following a general process for
addressing errata only - the only changes from csprd04 to this one is
the application of the errata, as shown in the diffmarked PDF and Docx.

Please go to
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/emix/ballots.php and look
at the ballot history.

The ballot closing on November 15 is for EMIX 1.0, Committee
Specification 1.

Since there is no direct errata process that applies for Committee
Specifications (a lack that I've been working to help rectify) the
available approach to deal with non-substantive issues is to release
another Committee Specification DRAFT for a 15 day public review (this
was CSPRD05, with the changes shown as diffs, and being precisely the
errata that we worked through).

This version with the errata applied, is the one we're having a ballot
on; the effect is to approve the already-completed version with the
errata applied and included. This is so readers do not see the spec and
a separate bunch of typos.

Again, although the process is more general, we have used the process
ONLY to address the typographic and grammatical errors noticed during
the public review 04 while allowing implementations to get underway.

Thanks!

bill