Subject: The SI Schema in EMIX

Recently, some other interests, far from EMIX have brought genericode to my attention. Genericode is an OASIS standard for exchanging constrained lists of values between applications. The development of genericode was driven by UBL (universal Business Language) and the needs of financial markets.

http://documentengineeringservices.com/events/london/Genericode.pdf

http://www.contakt.org/Pages/genericode.aspx

http://www.cranesoftwrights.com/resources/ubl/

https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=codelist

I have never really been happy with the SI list and Schema we use in EMIX. It avoided some of the more obvious flaws of the TC57 CIM list of scale values, but instead offered its own flaws. Codelists, if in a theoretical future release of EMIX, could offer a way to formally and explicitly bridge the SI codes of EMIX and the scale codes of the TC57 CIM in a way that promotes interoperation between the two.

Hmmmm.

tc

“The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.”

– George Bernard Shaw.

Toby Considine
TC9, Inc.

Toby.Considine@gmail.com
Phone: (919)619-2104

http://www.tc9.com

Chair, OASIS OBIX Technical Committee

Chair, OASIS WS-Calendar Technical Committee

Editor, OASIS Energy Market Information Exchange (EMIX) Editor, OASIS Energy Interoperation
blog: http://www.NewDaedalus.com