energyinterop-comment message

Subject: Energy Interop Version 1.0 D2 Comments

Hi,

I was looking at what is perhaps an old draft, but noticed a couple of “typos” in the UML sequence drawings. Drawings such as figure 1-2, 1-3, 6-1, etc. should use a dashed line with an open arrowhead to indicate a “synchronous reply.” (Instead, a solid line with a solid arrowhead is used throughout.) According to the UML standard, this is the symbol for a synchronous call. (The third option supported in a sequence diagram is an asynchronous call. This would use a solid line with an open arrowhead.) I know that some but not all of the exchanges are synchronous calls. It would help me follow what was intended if the drawings were changed somewhat to agree with UML conventions.

Thanks,

David Haynes

Staff Systems Scientist

Aclara

945 Hornet Dr.

Hazelwood, MO 63042

314.895.6452 - Direct

314.249.4196 - Cell

Aclara

This e-mail is intended for the addressee shown. Should you have received it in error, please delete this message and contact the sender. This e-mail and any attachments thereto may contain information that is privileged, confidential or proprietary. Any review, dissemination or use of this transmission or its contents by persons other than the addressee or authorized employees of the intended organizations is strictly prohibited.