Subject: Notes on Reading OpenADR

All --

We encourage you to read the spec before the meeting. Ed Koch's detailed notes are below.

The document is (PDF) at http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/33087/cec-500-2009-063.pdf .

Thanks!

bill
--
William Cox
Email: wtcox@CoxSoftwareArchitects.com

Edward Koch wrote:

All,

Here are some notes on where to concentrate your review of the specification.  There is a table on page 13 of the doc which tries to guide one’s review of the doc based upon your area of interest.  Here are the entries in the table.

Table 1 Relevant Sections of the Specification Entity Relevant Sections

(1) Utility or ISO interfacing their IT infrastructure to 3rd party DRAS  7.1, 0, 9.1, 9.2, 10

(2) Control manufacturers building equipment to interface to the DRAS 6.1, 6.4.3, 6.5.3, 7.2, 8.12, 9.3, 10

(3) Facility and Participant Managers 7.3, 0, 9.2, 10

(4) Web designers and programmer building Participant user  interfaces. 7.3, 0, 9.2, 10

(5) Web designers and programmer building utility user interfaces. 7.1, 0, 9.1, 9.2, 10

(6) Implementers of a DRAS ALL

The DRAS Client interface refers to item (2) above.  I just looked through the doc and cross checked the references for item (2) and I think they are accurate and appropriate.

One of the things we did when this doc was published through the CEC was to separate the version control of the document from the version control of the schema and wsdl files.  Obviously you should take a look at those as well and you may actually find them more useful for what you are doing that the doc itself.  There is documentation in the schema and wsdl files which documents their elements.  The schema and wsdl files are being versioned and maintained at the following url:

http://openadr.lbl.gov/src/1/

Chapter 8 and specifically 8.12 of the doc references the schema file you should focus on.

As far as the wsdl goes for the DRAS Client interface, that depends on whether you want to look at the BACnet, REST, or simple SOAP interface.  The BACnet is a little convoluted and may be difficult to follow.  I recommend that you look at the simple SOAP wsdl.  All three interfaces exchange the same information that is specified in EventState.xsd, they just do it indifferent ways.  I also just noticed that the wsdl file for the simple SOAP interface is not at the url listed above so I am including it in this email.

Rish – can you please upload DRASClientSOAP.wsdl to http://openadr.lbl.gov/src/1/ for future reference.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

-ed koch