Subject: Getting us all up to speed

While working through the OpenADR specification to decided what to put in the working draft, and in considering the conversations I was having with other members of the committee, I realized that many committee members would benefit from a quick overview of Service Oriented Architecture. I recommend the following which, for what they are, are quick light reads…

SOA-RM               OASIS Standard, Reference Model for Service Oriented Architecture 1.0, October 2006.
http://docs.oasis-open.org/soa-rm/v1.0/soa-rm.pdf

SOA-RA               OASIS Public Review Draft , Reference Architecture for Service Oriented Architecture Version 1.0, April 2008
http://docs.oasis-open.org/soa-rm/soa-ra/v1.0/soa-ra-pr-01.pdf

The reference model is being included as a normative reference in the specification, and the reference architecture as a non-normative reference.

tc

"It is the theory that decides what can be observed."   - Albert Einstein

Toby Considine

Chair, OASIS oBIX Technical Committee
Co-Chair, OASIS Technical Advisory Board
Facilities Technology Office
University of North Carolina
Chapel Hill, NC

Email: Toby.Considine@ unc.edu