Subject: RE: Initial Port of OpenADR to EnergyInterop

Toby,

As soon as I get myself out from under the UCA meetings this week I will review this in more detail, but my initial scan indicates that is that this is a reasonable first cut.  I noticed that there is a dearth of diagrams.  Is there a specific reason for that?

-ed koch

From: Considine, Toby (Campus Services IT) [mailto:Toby.Considine@unc.edu]
Sent: Saturday, July 11, 2009 4:56 AM
To: 'energyinterop@lists.oasis-open.org'
Subject: [energyinterop] Initial Port of OpenADR to EnergyInterop

Word document, PDF (for consistent line numbering) with comments and notes turned on,  Open Office file. Have not verified OpenOffice formatting is entirely consistent.

Notes:

1)      Port of what I think is the portion of OpenADR that is we have agreed is part of the spec. I’m sure there are sins of both inclusion and exclusion

2)      I have included comments on parts that I think we need to discuss in the committee for focus and for direction

3)      Large table in section 3 – wasn’t sure whether to include or exclude.

4)      Technical Artifacts (xsd, wsdl, etc) are coming under separate cover from David Wilson

5)      There is no coherent description of the pure priced-based model. Ed Cazalet has described the most coherent vision in the past. I would welcome a few paragraphs. Ed?

6)      Load Profiles. How much load can I give up, how fast. What is the model?

7)      Verification. Ugh.

Ed K, Mary Anne – any missing parts that we need going forward?

If I were to take another couple weeks, I would further normalize aganst SOA-RM and remove more definitions

Committee Note: For non-normative working drafts, do we want to create a separate document archive to keep them in, separate from the consensus drafts and process-significant documents?

tc

"It is the theory that decides what can be observed."   - Albert Einstein

Toby Considine

Chair, OASIS oBIX Technical Committee
Co-Chair, OASIS Technical Advisory Board
Facilities Technology Office
University of North Carolina
Chapel Hill, NC

Email: Toby.Considine@ unc.edu