Subject: RE: [energyinterop] XSD Files for Committee Draft 01

Title: Re: [energyinterop] XSD Files for Committee Draft 01

Michel,

I’ll leave it to Bill to properly characterize what we are voting on, but we are not yet voting on approving any schemas.  It is far too premature for that.  Until we get input from UCA and the pricing/scheduling task force we don’t even yet know what information needs to be added to the current specification much less design and approve schemas for it.

We can and should discuss the issues you raise if for no other reason that to better understand the current OpenADR specification, but I don’t think our first vote should be contingent on those discussions.

-ed koch

From: Wilson, David C (St. Paul) [mailto:DavidCWilson@trane.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 05, 2009 4:52 AM
To: michel@universal-devices.com; energyinterop@lists.oasis-open.org

To Michel's point, I think there is interest in changing the schema in a few ways. Bill advocates making those changes "in public" by revising after the first committee draft is published. (If I understood him correctly.)

That is really question number one: does this first draft include any significant changes to OpenADR?

On the enumerations, I advocate an interger state value that is defined in the specification. This is simpler for an embedded controller to handle. We should also consider backward compatibility.

Regards,
Dave

Dave
Sent from my mobile device