Subject: DR Program Execution table

EnergyInterop folk:

At yesterday's telecon I mentioned the DR Program Execution table starting at page 13
in our current working draft [1].  This table identifies actions that must be taken
by actors for each of a number of DR programs.  These programs could be thought of as
key use cases for a DR interaction specification.  Therefore, I suggest that we keep
the table in the working drafts, at least for now, and add descriptions for each of
the programs.  This material would be useful in reaching closure on such discussions
as how to categorize DR -aka- types of DR.  However, we would need more information
about the programs than is currently in the WD to use the programs as use cases, but
I don't think that we need the kind of detail given for the generalized use cases in
the OpenADR spec itself.

Here's a list of expansions for the program abbreviations in the table:
BIP – Base Interruptible Program
CPP – Critical Peak Pricing
DBP – Demand Bidding Program
CBP – Capacity Bidding Program
PDC – Peak Day Credit
PCT - Programmable Communicating Thermostat
RTP – Real-time Pricing

Could someone familiar with these programs provide short descriptions for each?

-Evan

Evan K. Wallace
Manufacturing System Integration Division
NIST

[1] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/33627/energyinterop-1.0-spec-wd-01.zip