Subject: RE: [energyinterop] Thinking about Models for Demand Response Interactions

I would agree that, in general, the actors do not include appliances (residences, typically) and end devices/equipment (commercial, industrial, typically).

The building side actors are the ESI, which then integrates to the EMS, if the building has one.

How the EMS manages the loads, and/or “prepares” for upcoming events – such as pre-cooling, thermal energy storage, etc. should not (and, I contend, must not) be directly managed from outside of the building.

We can certainly provide guidance on best practices but, the building is a black box, with inputs and outputs.  Those inputs should not include direct control of end devices, at least for commercial and industrial customers.

PHEVs are another discussion, and I am not an SME on that topic, so I will reserve comment on that topic for someone who has more expertise.

Regards,
 - Sharon

Sharon E. Dinges, CEM l System Applications Engineer - Controls l Desk: 651.407.4244 l cell: 651.324.2377 l sdinges@trane.com
Trane Commercial Systems – Ingersoll Rand l 4833 White Bear Pkwy, St. Paul, MN 55110

The information contained in this message is privileged and intended only for the recipients named. If the reader is not a representative of the intended recipient, any review, dissemination or copying of this message or the information it contains is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender, and delete the original message and attachments.