Subject: RE: [energyinterop] Groups - EI Proposed Actors (EI Proposed Actors.doc) uploaded

Hi David,

I am so very sorry for a tardy reply.

I totally agree with you. Let's get started!

With kind regards,

********************************
Michel Kohanim, C.E.O
Universal Devices, Inc.

(p) 818.631.0333
(f) 818.708.0755
http://www.universal-devices.com
********************************

-----Original Message-----
From: Wilson, David C (St. Paul) [mailto:DavidCWilson@trane.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 03, 2009 1:35 PM
To: energyinterop@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: RE: [energyinterop] Groups - EI Proposed Actors (EI Proposed
Actors.doc) uploaded

Hi Michel,

>> why would we have Load Generating Organization, Generation Operator,
and Local Generation System?

I don't know that we should.  My favorite book on use cases is Writing
Effective Use Cases by Alistair Cockburn.  He advocates a hierarchy of
use cases from Summary ("cloud/kite"), User Goal (sea-level), and
Sub-function (underwater).

Different DR groups start at different levels.  I listed each level to
provoke the conversation about what level of actor we should document.

>> Secondly, in your view, do you think we should also come up with
organizational use cases as well?

I lean toward starting at the highest level that makes sense. For
businesses, I find it easier to say that the organization has a goal
rather than to make assumptions about how any particular company
executes these goals / delegates the goal.

What do you think?

Best Regards,
Dave

Office: +1.651.407.4168