Subject: Complex Tariffs and Energy Interoperation

I want to keep EMIX simple both to keep it machine process-able and to discourage misuse; if the data structure is complex, people will use that complexity. Doing so would harm the long term purposes of EMIX.

It may be that handling such  stepped transaction as a multi-legged product in EI can be done without cluttering up the EMIX elements. This would have to, of course, be a work plan element agreed to by EITC.

I am starting a conversation tomorrow on smartgrid-discuss (not constrained by IP or teams of either TC) on the potential work-plan to accomplish this.

If you are not already subscribed to smartgrid-discuss, please do so.

tc

"When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us." -- Alexander Graham Bell

Toby Considine

Chair, OASIS oBIX Technical Committee
OASIS Technical Advisory Board
OASIS Energy Interoperation TC