Subject: RE: [energyinterop] Groups - DR Programs (DR-Program-DRRC_20090914SK edits.doc) uploaded

Check out this site:

https://forge.soa4d.org/

Open source web services cheap small devices.

If we look at the base ADR retrofit, the windows A/C in the trailer...then there is no reason to believe, once there are national standards, notional markets, that a $50 little box could not plug in, talk Calendar and EMIX and what-all on the outside, and turn on the window A/C unit. National Standards make National Markets make home router-comparable pricing.

No reason it wouldn't cost less if the internet is already there, or be a $20 add-in to standard cable or DSL routers...

tc

"A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying ... that he is wiser today than yesterday." -- Jonathan Swift

Toby Considine
Chair, OASIS oBIX TC
Facilities Technology Office
University of North Carolina
Chapel Hill, NC

Email: Toby.Considine@ unc.edu
Phone: (919)962-9073
http://www.oasis-open.org
blog: www.NewDaedalus.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Girish Ghatikar [mailto:GGhatikar@lbl.gov]
Sent: Wednesday, December 02, 2009 11:13 PM
To: michel@universal-devices.com
Cc: energyinterop@lists.oasis-open.org

Michel,

Yes, it's been a long time - I was on travel for last few weeks.

1. You're right that there will always be devices with low processing
power or capabilities to interpret the rich logic and also from cost
point of view this seem plausible. I am not saying that that these
devices do exist for certain in future, however, our standards should be
extensible and flexible enough to handle such requirements. Again, this
is not the only reason why the simple information makes sense.

2. What you understand is correct and it's outside of this scope (and
always has been for OpenADR development) of the communication between
BAS/EMS/ESI/Meter/Gateway and end devices. However, we can foresee that
in future, that the OpenADR can directly communicate with the devices
(where ESI is integral part of the device itself.

Another thing I didn't include in my earlier note was an example of
recently conducted PLP pilot where the existing CPP DR program customers
were switched without any reprogramming to their controls or strategies
although the original CPP was sending price multipliers and the PLP sent
the go to dispatch levels. The use of simple levels from simple
information made this possible.

Thanks,
-Rish