Subject: RE: [energyinterop] Groups - WD3 Mockup (WD3 Mock-Up.doc) uploaded

I refer all of you to the paper I posted on demand response and dynamic
pricing. (link below)
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/energyinterop/download.php/3536
9/eScholarship_UC_item_7nm2f6sx%5B1%5D.pdf

The idea is that dynamic pricing should/will become the default retail
pricing.  Traditional demand response involves paying a customer for
reductions relative
to an administratively set base line.

If we call dynamic pricing a form of demand response then we only muddle
these critical distinctions.

Edward G. Cazalet, Ph.D.
101 First Street, Suite 552
Los Altos, CA 94022
650-949-5274
cell: 408-621-2772
ed@cazalet.com
www.cazalet.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Considine, Toby (Campus Services IT) [mailto:Toby.Considine@unc.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, December 09, 2009 9:05 AM
To: 'energyinterop@lists.oasis-open.org'

Ed's comment raises a significant question....

Is everything Demand Response? You have listed all the areas of Energy
Interoperation, although the charter was not specifically DR.

Or

Is Demand Response a particular interaction pattern that communicates the
standard interactions in particular business scenarios?

tc

"A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which
is but saying ... that he is wiser today than yesterday." -- Jonathan Swift

Toby Considine
Chair, OASIS oBIX TC
Facilities Technology Office
University of North Carolina