Subject: RE: [energyinterop] Groups - Smart_Simple_Client-Information (Smart-Simple_Clients_20091211.pdf) uploaded

Michel & Team:

I see a couple things that should make an interesting discussion.  From
the note below it seems there may still be two levels to clarify.  In
reference to the question posed by Michel:  "What messages are we
standardizing?" and the note about subjective messages & interoperation,
are we all yet in agreement on these two separate concepts:

1 - standardized messages
2 - standardized response

I'm wondering if we are all yet in agreement on these two basics. Are
some of us thinking these are the same thing?

On a possibly related note ... has anyone else reviewed the white paper
released by AHAM on Monday?  I can forward the PDF and some
notes-n-comment if desired.  It relates to how manufactures of devices
are willing to interface with the smart grid.

Cheers,
Gale

Gale R. Horst

Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI)
Office: 865-218-8078
ghorst@epri.com