Subject: RE: [energyinterop] RE: Signal Types

Good discussion.  Some further thoughts which may be obvious:

The trusted interval meter is the best tool to reliably measure price or
control response across domains.

Having a device communicate its response back between the domains is of
little value unless the trust in the response is equivalent to that of a sub
meter in that the response can be used for billing.

Yes, there is value in also confirming that price or control signals are
received.  This could be verified by having the meter record the price
signals received.

So if we can only manage what we can measure using a trusted meter or sub
meter then there is no value in price or control signals that apply to
anything other than what we can measure with a trusted meter or its
equivalent.

Edward G. Cazalet, Ph.D.
101 First Street, Suite 552
Los Altos, CA 94022