Subject: FW: Space and Energy

See below.

No news yet, but perhaps something we can use, soon

"If something is not worth doing, it`s not worth doing well" - Peter Drucker

Toby Considine
TC9, Inc
Chair, OASIS oBIX Technical Committee
OASIS Technical Advisory Board

Email: Toby.Considine@gmail.com
Phone: (919)619-2104
http://www.oasis-open.org
blog: www.NewDaedalus.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Rex Brooks [mailto:rexb@starbourne.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 02, 2010 4:11 PM
To: Toby.Considine@gmail.com
Cc: creed@opengeospatial.org
Subject: Re: Space and Energy

Hi Toby, Carl,

There's a profile of GML for OASIS Emergency Mgt EDXL family specs under
development now and it has been intended to be crafted for OASIS-wide use if
possible. We also need it to be a reference-able OGC spec to make our lives
easier.

We just discussed many aspects of this in the EDXL-Situation Reporting
meetings Sat & Sun and EDXL-DE next gen yesterday at our EM SC pre-TCIP
Conference Face to Face meetings in Philadelphia. EM Adoption is conducting
Interop Demos at TCIP now, but that's most vendors, so I didn't stay.

Carl, we should make sure we have a regularly scheduled GIS SC meeting next
Friday at 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time and specifically invite Toby to attend. I'm
copying Michelle Raymond who is now no-longer Honeywell-constrained and
joined our meetings via telecon.

There were actually several new takes on some ongoing issues wrt precedence
of polygons, points, point-circles and geopolitical codes, especially for
our Canadian friends in a variety of contexts, as well flexibility for
specifying any given CRS, so there's quite a bit of interest all of a
sudden. Sensor-related issues have also cropped up repeatedly. Just FYI, it
is very likely (90+%) that we're going to go for EDXL-DE 2.0 while we're
working on the EDXL SitRep spec and OGC works the OASIS Profile of GML
(possibly including some of CityGML, too, following our most recent
discussions which is Michelle's special area of interest).

I'm a tad jet-lagged and punchy from too much work ,too many hours, in
consecutive series, but the long and short answer, Toby, is yes, very much.

Cheers,
Rex

--
Rex Brooks