Subject: RE: [energyinterop] Scope questions for discussion

Traditionally, building load management has been crude, and aggregated in certain large time granules. Industrial sites, however, have had strong incentives to manage peaks.

As operating safety margins get smaller, it may become increasingly important to manage peaks aggressively, even within the neighborhood or even home. Is some sort of detailed peak /load shape of interest in the new world? What about power factors? Is the forward and backward reporting of curves rather than points of measurement the future of smart metering?

tc

"If flies are allowed to vote, how meaningful would a poll on what to have for dinner be, and what would be on the menu?" -  Unknown

Toby Considine

Chair, OASIS oBIX Technical Committee
Co-Chair, OASIS Technical Advisory Board
Facilities Technology Office
University of North Carolina
Chapel Hill, NC

Email: Toby.Considine@ unc.edu