Subject: [TypeDisc]

Title: [TypeDisc]

Hello TC Members,

        About two weeks ago, I volunteered to begin a review of the OpenADR elements and how they should apply going forward.  Ive found it a little difficult to start because it is such an extensive specification.

        Rather than toiling away at a comprehensive review of the elements, I am going to send a few emails with some details and thoughts on specific elements.  Once I have a better idea of where we can form a consensus approach, I can return information in greater detail.

        I will prefix these emails with the [TypeDisc] tag to assist you if youd like to filter out this layer of detail.

        One of the challenges with OpenADR and how this specification should proceed is the level of flexibility in the elements.  OpenADR serves a well defined set of programs.  I recommend that this TCs specification include a less flexible schema to contain complexity.  I think this will be more apparent with an example.  I will shortly send an email with some comments about the EventState type.

        Comments are encouraged.

Regards,

Dave

David Wilson

Enterprise Solutions Portfolio Manager

Trane Commercial Systems

Ingersoll Rand

Office: +1.651.407.4168

Mobile: +1.612.741.2759

Email: davidcwilson@trane.com

www.trane.com

The information contained in this message is privileged and intended only for the recipients named. If the reader is not a representative of the intended recipient, any review, dissemination or copying of this message or the information it contains is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender, and delete the original message and attachments.