Subject: DR Program Terms

Can someone share some information on how current DR programs are structured contractually?

For example, if I am a utility customer and I enroll in a “Base Interruptible Program”, how is that enrollment formalized?  Do I sign a program enrollment form, contract addendum, separate contract?

Do the terms of these programs typically indicate that the utility is not actually under any legal obligation to pay for load reduction?

The thought occurred to me because I just learned how banks are very specific that checking account overdraft protection is typically a “non contractual courtesy” (see Google search) because otherwise it would be regulated.  It made me wonder if utilities/ISO’s few commercial building DR in a similar way.

http://www.google.com/search?q=non+contractual+courtesy

Thanks!
Dave

David Wilson
Enterprise Solutions Portfolio Manager
Trane Commercial Systems
Ingersoll Rand

Office: +1.651.407.4168
Mobile: +1.612.741.2759
Email: davidcwilson@trane.com
www.trane.com

The information contained in this message is privileged and intended only for the recipients named. If the reader is not a representative of the intended recipient, any review, dissemination or copying of this message or the information it contains is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender, and delete the original message and attachments.