Subject: FW: [emix] Not To Exceed

Sorry Toby, I forgot to click reply-all.

Robert Old

Siemens Industry, Inc.

Building Technologies

1000 Deerfield Pkwy.

Buffalo Grove, IL 60089-4513

Tel.: +1 (847) 941-5623

Skype: bobold2

bob.old@siemens.com

www.siemens.com

From: Old, Bob
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2010 11:13 AM
To: 'Toby.Considine@gmail.com'
Subject: RE: [emix] Not To Exceed

My expectation for verification is that the utility meter information is required.  I’ve also heard that in a curtailment scenario, just promising to reduce load by a certain amount around uncertain beginning and end points is a non-starter.

The programs I’ve heard of give you a baseline for the next day, below which you have to reduce by some program-determined amount and for which you get a program-determined level of compensation.  Sometimes the program specifies that the baseline will be calculated on something like “the highest/lowest usage over 5 of the last 6 day which don’t include weekends/holidays/days with an event called.”  But sometimes they just give you the number and you do your own modeling.

We’re talking money here.  It needs a revenue grade meter.

Best,

B.O.  March 11, 2010

Robert Old

Siemens Industry, Inc.