Subject: Re: [energyinterop] Real_time Price Message Line 525 spec wd-08

Ed,

I think this is a good start. Some comments/questions from your initial
thoughts:

1. Ex-post prices need to be thought further - e.g., is it part of EI?
What part of this is included in the eMIX? As I understand, for supplier
to set prices, either the customer needs to know how much will be used
or some form of forecasting methodologies are used. This requires more
transactional messages needed as part of the OpenADR/EI messages. Are we
assuming that this information is being made available from other sources?

2. I see ex-ante to be more relevant.

3. I think the price intervals requirements could be secondary and the
data model should support any amount of granularity. In an almost
complete work at LBNL, we've demonstrated both hourly and 15 minute
pricing both based on the same data mode. Granularity could be followed
with some attributes that define that granularity.

4. These price intervals should closely relate to what customer needs
are -- e.g., what can they do at 6 seconds hour as opposed to 1 hour -
what are the customer benefits, strategies. etc.?

Thank you,
Rish

--
Rish Ghatikar
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory

This email is intended for the addressee only and may contain
confidential information and should not be copied without permission. If
you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender as soon as
possible and delete the email from computer[s].