Subject: URL's for publicly available SEP docs

Please find included below some relevant URL’s to the SEP 2.0 TRD that David Holmberg mentioned in yesterday’s teleconference.  I’ll post it to the Work Items  Folder when the collaboration site permits.

Best,

B.O.  March 25, 2010

Robert Old

Siemens Industry, Inc.

Building Technologies

1000 Deerfield Pkwy.

Buffalo Grove, IL 60089-4513

Tel.: +1 (847) 941-5623

Skype: bobold2

bob.old@siemens.com

www.siemens.com

Publicly Available SEP Docs.txt

March 24, 2010

ZigBee Alliance Homepage.

http://zigbee.org/

Publicly Available Downloads page.  Linked to by the Homepage.  Contains links to all following docs.

http://zigbee.org/Products/DownloadTechnicalDocuments/tabid/465/Default.aspx

Note that ZigBee wants some contact information in return for emailing you a download link for each file.  It's easy enough to unsubscribe from the ZigBee Interest email list.

Smart Energy 2.0 Technical Requirements Doc.

http://www.zigbee.org/ZigBeeSmartEnergy20TechnicalRequirements/tabid/483/Default.aspx

Smart Energy Public Application Profile.  SEP 1.0 Protocol Specification with Demand Response and Load Control Clusters in Annex D.2.  A cluster is a ZigBee-specific construct that includes data structures as well as commands and responses.

http://www.zigbee.org/ZigBeeSmartEnergyPublicApplicationProfile/tabid/312/Default.aspx

ZigBee Specification.  The Mommy spec.

http://zigbee.org/ZigBeeSpecificationDownloadRequest/tabid/311/Default.aspx

Cluster Library.  Generic functionality that many applications can use and is defined in one place.  Some information has only been specified, but not yet implemented and approved as a standard.

http://www.zigbee.org/ZigBeeClusterLibrary/tabid/314/Default.aspx

ZigBee + HomePlug Smart Energy Marketing Requirements Doc.  Focused on SEP 2.0.  Moves to IP and official standards.  Provides Adult Supervision for us technical types.

http://www.zigbee.org/Markets/ZigBeeSmartEnergy/ZigBeeSmartEnergyOverview/ZigBeeHomePlugSmartEnergyMRDRequest/tabid/449/Default.aspx

I thought the SEP 1.1 specification would be up by now.  It mainly adds support for block rates and pre-payment for energy which I understand is popular in Europe.  The device firmware upgrade specification is coming R.S.N.

I offer you guidance on any questions you might have.  I may not know all the answers but I have a raft of opinions.

Bob Old

bob.old@siemens.com