Subject: RE: [energyinterop] Time and Date and Scope

What is the scope of eMIX?  Is eMIX an abstract price and product definition information model or is it an information model for a priced offer and a transaction, for example.  If eMIX models only price and product definition then offer availability ( your question 1), execution interval (your question 2) are part of Energy Interop.  Otherwise, if eMIX models priced offers and transactions then these attributes are part of eMIX.

With respect to question 3), I can post offers to buy at 15 min intervals or multiples of 15 min intervals.  I can also choose to ignore an offer to me that do not fit my 15 min rule.  If I use non-standard interval definitions I may get no offers or acceptances of offers in which case the power I buy or sell is transacted in the imbalance market at the resolution of my meter and the imbalance market intervals.  Where to put standardize interval definitions gets back to the question of what is the scope of eMIX?

Your suggested answer to question 4) seems to conclude that eMIX should model bids or offers.

As I think priced offers and transactions are at the heart of any implementation in Energy Interop, then priced offer and transactions could be central focus of eMIX.  What are the other applications of eMIX price and product definitions?

Edward G. Cazalet, Ph.D.

101 First Street, Suite 552

Los Altos, CA 94022

650-949-5274