Subject: Contingencies between contract offerings

We have discussed DR responses as market offerings

We have discussed DR acquisition as contract execution, whether in advance, perhaps under a program, or at the moment the contract performance is called.

We have discussed each DR event as a call for contract performance

In each of these, there is the possibility that one contract excludes performance of another.

Simple scenario:

My building uses 1 MWH of electricity

I can turn off the lights for 100 kWH of DR (a)

I can provide 3 levels of lessened HVAC for 150, 350, 500  KWH DR each. (b, c, d)

I can turn off the entire building for 1 MWH of DR (e)

Each of these may be priced with a different price / kWH.

A, B, C, D can be purchased separately.

AB, AC, and AD can be purchased as at the same time.

One cannot buy BC, BD, or CD – these responses are exclusive of each other.

If one Buys E, all other responses are off the market, even if they were already executed.

Each of these Offerings may have their own incompatible requirements.

A may only be available between Dawn and Dusk

E may require 48 hours’ notice to handle tenant relations or HR Policies.

D requires 24 hours’ notice to declare an “Informal Office Day”. Informal Office days need management approval.

B, C can be performed on 15 minutes’ notice.

These offerings, A-E, a suite of related offerings of DR made by a single end node. For simplicity, I have limited this to shedding; it is not hard to complicate matters with DER.

Suggestions please, especially suggestions that map these concepts to financial or commodities markets…

tc

"Energy and persistence conquer all things." -- Benjamin Franklin

Toby Considine
TC9, Inc

OASIS Technical Advisory Board
TC Chair: oBIX & WS-Calendar