Subject: Important - request for response by next week

Connectivity Week is coming up in little more than a week, and with that increased attention and focus on all the ongoing standards work for smart energy. EnergyInterop, tied to both Priority Action Plan 9 (PAP09) identified as one of the crosscutting issues (or as I like to call them, the key market oriented interfaces of the grid) will attract particular scrutiny.

We want to put out a working draft and announce an informal call for comments. This is not a committee specification out for formal review, this instead an outreach effort to seek input and involvement. We are proposing 30 days of comments.

One of the problems with asking for comments is that it is a poor strategy to ask for comments while continuing to make changes. It makes an impression that we really do not care about the comments, and thereby reduces rather than expands participation.

Accordingly, I request that *all* members of the TC read the current draft with an eye to public presentation and submit back to the list by Monday lunch (wherever lunch is wherever you are) the following:

-   Which parts of the document are ready

-   Which parts of the document we acknowledge we have not worked on yet (We can work on those during the comment period)

-   Specific areas we want to invite comments on and use cases for

-   Which parts are awful, but we need to clean them up before company arrives…

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/37763/energyinterop-1%200-spec-wd-10.pdf

Remember to use specific line numbers and section numbers

tc

"Energy and persistence conquer all things." -- Benjamin Franklin

Toby Considine
TC9, Inc

OASIS Technical Advisory Board
TC Chair: oBIX & WS-Calendar