Subject: Re: Current work on EiEvent service

Bill,
Glad to hear that at least there are similarities in information between these entities. I would be glad to assist you as appropriate.

Thanks,
-Rish

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 9:49 PM, William Cox <wtcox@coxsoftwarearchitects.com> wrote:
Current state of play:

I've been working to fully define the EiEvent service, using WS-Calendar, OpenADR 1.0, and the information exchange requirements and model from IRC. This is the highest priority service.

As part of this I've been working through today's IRC final EAP upload (thanks, Bill Stocker!), and comparing to OpenADR 1.0 (schema update 1) and the business information exchange requirements.

For EiEvent I have a list of common and differing attributes. Both sources use a schedule description that is similar to a WS-Calendar partition, so using WS-Calendar is pretty straightforward.

There are details in e.g. event modification information (both have a modification number, the IRC version has a timestamp for the current modification) that fit together well. Approach to describing kinds of schedules, e.g. absolute start/end time are similar to the CIM, but need to take advantage of WS-Calendar scheduling of sequences.

The good news is the similarity; the less good news is the amount of information and connections, not all of which are obvious, so the process is less than purely mechanical.

I'll have some specific issues for Edgardo and others at the Workshop meeting Wednesday, e.g. around the structure of the message payloads in the EA model.

Thanks!

bill
--
William Cox
Email: wtcox@CoxSoftwareArchitects.com

--
Rish Ghatikar
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory

This email is intended for the addressee only and may contain confidential information and should not be copied without permission. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender as soon as possible and delete the email from computer[s].