Subject: Market Context in EI and EMIX

In today’s EI meeting as part of a discussion of the conformance rules for WS Calendar and EMIX, Bill suggested I start a discussion on the lists with respect to the concept of Market Context in EMIX.

Market Context is currently a URL associated with EMIX terms (offers, transactions, and usage).  However, we have not defined what would be communicated by Market Context.

Some ideas are:  (some may be better done in other ways)

Given

1.       my current location (fixed or mobile), or

2.       a location where I want to control or “buy” or “sell” for remotely, or

3.        a charging station that is just down the road  from my current location but may be in another Time Zone, Grid Operator and perhaps another country, Canada or Mexico as I am waiting at the US border crossing

Perhaps Market Context could provide me with the following:

1.       Local Time Zone

2.       Daylight Savings Rules

3.       Interface Pricing Point

4.       URL for Local Grid Operator

5.       Time Zone used by the Local Grid Operator

6.       Currency in Use

7.       Units for Energy and Power in Use

8.       URLs of Local Retail Energy Providers

9.       URL of Local Distribution Provider

10.   Distribution Feeder

11.   URLs of Local PEV charging stations

12.   Relevant local retail regulatory restrictions

13.   URL s for local weather information

Edward G. Cazalet, Ph.D.

101 First Street, Suite 552

Los Altos, CA 94022

650-949-5274