Subject: RE: [energyinterop] Numerous questions on Assets and Resources

We agree that like DR, assets are a symptom of the deficiencies in the current market rues and market communications. In an idealized TEMIX world, neither would exist. Even so, it is likely that they will exist  as a transition approach for some time.

In EMIX, Resource Descriptions merely describe the capability and characteristics of what a [device/system/end node/aggregator/] could do, I terms of energy effect.  As you observed in the last meeting, most nodes are price takers. I suppose we could rename Resources to Capabilities to end confusion. I would be happy to entertain that proposal or something similar.

As to Resources / Assets as described in OpenADR / EI, those are out of scope for EMIX.

tc

"It is the theory that decides what can be observed."   - Albert Einstein

Toby Considine

Chair, OASIS oBIX Technical Committee
U.S. National Inst. of Standards and Tech. Smart Grid Architecture Committee

Facilities Technology Office
University of North Carolina
Chapel Hill, NC

Email: Toby.Considine@ unc.edu