Subject: RE: [energyinterop] Conformance and Market Contexts and Program descriptions

If I am not mistaken, OpenADR 1.0 included Maximum Notification (prior to event) as well.

The list in EMIX came for the existing generation response markets, as listed in the CIM, and had a few added from OpenADR. I somewhat arbitrarily divided them into economic and process (requirements and constraints). I would further divide the Process-based into schedule and non -schedule. We also generalized them, so if something was “MaximumConsecutiveDays” (do not request DR more than 3 days in a row) to “MaximumConsecutiveDurations” (supports “do not request more than three hours in a row” or “do not request three weeks in a row”)

The full list, as of now, is:

minimumResponseDuration                       The shortest Duration for which the resource will accept a request  to maintain a response before returning to pre-request levels.

maximumResponseDuration                      The longest Duration for which the resource will accept a request.

minimumRecoveryDuration                        The minimum Duration that the Resource requires after the end of a response the resource has is ready to respond to a new request.

minimumDurationBetweenInvocations The minimum Duration that the Resource requires after receiving a request before the resource has is ready to respond to a new request.

minimumNotificationDuration                   The minimum Duration that the Resource requires for Notification before initiating a response to a request.

maximumNotificationDuration                  The maximum Duration in advance of a requested response that the resource is willing to accept a request.

responseTime                                                   Duration required from receipt of a request to initiation of a response by the resource

maximumInvocationsPerDuration            Maximum number of invocations of service during a given duration

maximumConsecutiveDurations               Maximim consecutive durations in which service can be invoked, e.g., it will not accept requests on more than 3 consecutive days.

minimumStartsPerDuration                        The fewest Requests that the resource will accept during any duration. This constraint is typically used in market rather than in resource descriptions.

maximumRunDuration                                  The Maximum duration for which a resource will accept a request

minimumRunDuration                                   The Minimum duration for which a resource will accept a request

Schedule Constraints (all drawn from OpenADR 1.0)

availabilitySchedule        A schedule of times for which a resource will accept requests. The schedule may include multiple availability windows. The scheduled duration must be entirely within an availability window.

notificationSchedule      A schedule of time during which a resource will accept requests. The schedule may include multiple availability windows. The notification must occur within an availability window.

unavailabilitySchedule   A schedule of times for which a resource will not accept requests. The schedule may include multiple unavailability windows. The scheduled duration must not occur within or overlap an unavailability window.

Economic Requirements (Drawn from today’s Generation markets)

minimumEconomicRequirement              Minimum net remuneration this resource requires from a total response

requiredStartupCost                      Minimum remunuration required from start-up of this service.

minimumResourceCost                 Resource requires this amount per period, i.e., a minimum requirement for $100 / hour at whatever rate

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster, and if you stare long into an abyss, the abyss also stares into you."   - Fredrich Nietzche

Toby Considine
TC9, Inc

TC Chair: oBIX & WS-Calendar

TC Editor: EMIX, EnergyInterop

U.S. National Inst. of Standards and Tech. Smart Grid Architecture Committee

Email: Toby.Considine@gmail.com
Phone: (919)619-2104

http://www.tcnine.com/
blog: www.NewDaedalus.com