Subject: Generating attribute tables in EA

I think this topic came up in one of last week's calls; that is, we wanted to include attribute tables in the documentation and whether there was an easy way to do this.

In EA you can select the class that you would like to create a document for, press F8 and document generator dialog will appear.  From this dialog give the document a name, select a template (basic is a good one to start with) and click the generate button.  This will generate a document that contains everything stored in EA, the class associations, and narrative that has been captured, and a table of attributes and their descriptions (if captured in EA).

The resulting table can then be copied and pasted into your document of choice.

If a specific class is not selected the entire model will be captured in the resulting document, attributes, sequence diagrams, etc. (again using the basic template).  Other templates provide other capabilities and of course, one can create their own template.

Gerald R. Gray, PhD
Guiding Principle Consulting
PO Box 381
Laingsburg, MI 48848