Subject: Re: [energyinterop] State of EiPayloads Schema

Notes interleaved.

I think we'd also decided that VenID and VtnID needed to be in most messages.

Thanks!

bill
--
William Cox
Email: wtcox@CoxSoftwareArchitects.com

On 6/2/11 10:34 AM, Toby Considine wrote:
01ed01cc2132$2bd284c0$83778e40$@gmail.com" type="cite">

General: Numerous ACK strings which need enumerations.

Numerous requests for clarification from WTC in annotations of schema

Are you referring to the ??? in Ed's latest? Or another "needs clarification" string?
01ed01cc2132$2bd284c0$83778e40$@gmail.com" type="cite">

EiCreateEventPayloadType – vtnGluon is incompletely defined. Is a gluon required? Handle to a Sequence?

Yes, handle to a sequence, but we're actually sending an EiEvent and its associated artifacts.  All "...Gluon"s should be replaced appropriately (mostly "go away" - a residue from PR01)
01ed01cc2132$2bd284c0$83778e40$@gmail.com" type="cite">

eiSentStatusPayload
defined eiStatus that appears to be different than other eiStatus

I'll look at it.
01ed01cc2132$2bd284c0$83778e40$@gmail.com" type="cite">

EiRequestEventPayloadType

Request an event (in this version, all outstanding or pending events) from a VTN or VEN.

Needs context reference. Not just program, but transaction manager analog.

Yes.
01ed01cc2132$2bd284c0$83778e40$@gmail.com" type="cite">

in the alternative could request a list of event IDs and then request events based on those IDs.

Is that worth adding? The intent was that you could re-synch after a failure by getting all "current" events from your partner, or to validate.
01ed01cc2132$2bd284c0$83778e40$@gmail.com" type="cite">

eventId in EiCancelEventPayloadType should be a en eventId type, rather than generic string

Yes.
01ed01cc2132$2bd284c0$83778e40$@gmail.com" type="cite">

eiChangeOptPayload

reason – simple string. Should it have rules? Enums?

I think this is a "Sender optionally includes a human readable string for why the change occurred". May be useful in auditing your past messages.
01ed01cc2132$2bd284c0$83778e40$@gmail.com" type="cite">

Going forward:

The ACK task Force should clear up the issues surrounding an ACK in almost every message type.

Yes. See recent email.
01ed01cc2132$2bd284c0$83778e40$@gmail.com" type="cite">

“The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.”
– George Bernard Shaw.

Toby Considine
TC9, Inc

TC Chair: oBIX & WS-Calendar

TC Editor: EMIX, EnergyInterop

U.S. National Inst. of Standards and Tech. Smart Grid Architecture Committee

Email: Toby.Considine@gmail.com
Phone: (919)619-2104

http://www.tcnine.com/
blog: www.NewDaedalus.com